Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Fitter / Technician / Craftsman to work at their facility based near Widnes
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated; works well as part of a team or with minimum supervision; and enjoys working in a highly regulated and technical environment.
- Design, select, maintain and install mechanical equipment
- Carry out mechanical preventive maintenance
- Fault location / diagnosis / repair
- Will be expected to undertake confined space training
- Will be expected to undertake First Aid training
- Will be expected to participate in the site Emergency Response team
- Will be expected to participate in various improvement initiatives
- Must hold apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications in a Mechanical discipline i.e. NVQ level 3 or C&G Apprenticeship. Further relevant qualifications would be advantageous
- Good computer skills are essential.
- Experience of using preventive maintenance software is an advantage.
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act is essential
- Experience in the chemical industry is not vital but a manufacturing background would be advantageous
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge (5S, Kaizen & 7 wastes) advantageous
- Metal and/or plastic fabrication.
- Rotating equipment overhauls
- Hydraulic/pneumatics systems
- Pipework and flange making/breaking
- Knowledge of steam boiler and air compressor plant
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 21/11/2021