Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Salary £30,000 Per Annum + Overtime
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this Establish market leader special purpose machine manufacturer in their search for a Mechanical Assembly Fitter to work at their facility based near Knutsford
To effectively build, test and repair all equipment to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader
- Build equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawings/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that the finished work is clean and free from grease, scratches and sharp edges
- Appraise hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines' condition/functionality to the current or required standard ensuring work is tested for functionality
- Complete inspection of machines and tooling taking action to resolve any problems identified
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Attend customer sites with the necessary tools and components to carry out service/fault finding activities with minimum disruption to the customer
- Represent the company in an efficient and professional manner, including adherence to the Company Code of Practice for conduct, appearance, and transport
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Adhere to customer's factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health & Safety Notices to Contractors, where appropriate
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liaising with the customer as required and report findings to the Team Leader/Design Manager as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that, where appropriate the escalation procedure is implemented
- Attend and contribute to the daily SQCDP team meetings in order to maintain continuous improvements
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with.
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
Please send your CV and call Abby at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28.03.2022