Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this National and Market Leading manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Engineer to work at their facility based near Blackburn
- The position will involve the disassembly, cleaning, assembly, refurbishment and testing of production machinery and equipment
- To prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly.
- To attend breakdowns.
- To use tools such as micrometres, callipers, and gauges etc. to check and adjust the parts of a machine.
- To follow blueprints and engineering specifications and maintain careful records of work carried out.
- To order new parts to replace the damaged parts.
- To manufacture or repair parts as required.
- To carry out building maintenance when required.
- Once a machine has been fixed, the fitter must test it to make sure that it is working properly.
- To carry out any other work as and when required as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Time served
- Worked in a production environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Work as part of a team and alone
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Maintain careful records of work completed
- Experience in centre lathe turning, milling, welding (TIG, MIG, Plasma), fitting skills.
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 19/08/2021