Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary £42,000-£45,000 Per Annum DOE
Wigan Continental Days & Nights (2Days/2nights/4off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this Established and Market leading manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Wigan
- You will be working autonomously on shift, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Maintain and install all mechanical plant & machinery in line with company requirements.
- React quickly, diagnose & repair any mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment.
- Carry out our planned preventative maintenance schedule on the full range of equipment within the site.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good, safe working & clean condition.
- Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Carry out daily inspections as requested related to safety, air, steam and water leaks and complete repairs as required.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you always adhere to them.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency.
- Cross departmental communication with related associates.
- Complete Maintenance work orders, use of a CMMS system, Agility or similar
- Able to work efficiently, without supervision.
- Embrace MPS pillars for maintenance
- Knowledge of pneumatic equipment & systems
- Knowledge of hydraulic equipment & systems
- Knowledge of high-pressure steam boilers and systems
- Welding skills such as MMA, TIG, MIG, Stainless and aluminium
- General workshop skills, tools, lathe, milling etc.
- Able to read schematic drawings
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Use of Microsoft office tools
- Time served indentured apprenticeship or equivalent
- Relevant qualifications in mechanical discipline
- Proven manufacturing maintenance environment experience
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment Business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 29/05/2021