Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
£28,500 Plus Overtime 6-2 / 2-10 Shifts
gap technical are proud to be representing this National manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Barnoldswick
- Installation, modification, refurbishment and commissioning of production machinery.
- Analysing and investigating machine faults and carrying out repairs.
- Actively take part in Planned Preventative Maintenance & Continuous Improvement projects.
- Involved when required in the training and development of engineering apprentices and other employees as requested.
- Communicating directly with skilled contract labour on site.
- Problem solving using knowledge and experience to optimum effect.
- To communicate with other maintenance employees/relevant personnel at shift change over.
- Prioritise maintenance work from requests given.
- To report to the Shift Manager on issues relating to factory services, refurbishment projects and any other work when requested to do so.
- To carryout requests made from the Department Managers as required in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Manufacture and fabricate items for factory plant and equipment, working from personal instruction, engineering drawings and technical dossiers. Utilising workshop machinery i.e. lathe, milling machine, welder, drill etc.
- Repair and construct equipment following Health & Safety request's, PUWER assessments & Risk Assessments, reporting unsafe practices & equipment.
- Involvement in project work as requested and participating in planned maintenance routines, then reporting relevant information to computer history.
- Assist Electrician and Refurbishment engineers when required.
- Accurately book out parts/items from stores as & when required.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of work always.
- Advise and assist Setters on the maintenance of equipment.
- Any other reasonable duty required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities related to product, process and/or the system.
- Identify and/or record any problems relating to the product, process and the management system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Time served Mechanical Engineer, recognised qualifications are essential.
- Possession of a basic electrical awareness qualification would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of production machinery used on site is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to interpret and use drawings.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Numerate and literate.
- Flexible/adaptable & a team player in elements of departmental organisation [Shift Cover].
- Knowledge of health & safety and statutory requirements.
- Good workshop skills & machining/welding/grinding experience is an advantage.
Please send your CV and call Mike at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 26/02/2020