Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
£34,500 (3 Shift)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Responsible for repairing machine faults to achieve the production plan and ensure the continued satisfaction of customers with respect to quality and delivery performance.
- Responsible for carrying out changes in accordance with the production plan.
- Responsible for keeping downtime in the work area to a minimum.
- Liaison with the previous Shift Engineers within the work area at start of shift to pass on information.
- Fault finding on all site processes rectifying faults timeously
- Carrying out changes where necessary.
- Answering alarms quickly and rectifying faults, trapped sprues, Print rectification and other area tasks. Carrying out equipment start/stop procedure. Recognising faults such as gas burns, shorts, and flashes and can adjust machine settings, also the cleaning and venting of moulds to rectify above faults.
- Keeping the work area clean always.
- Monitoring quality throughout the shift and reporting to the Production if any problems are encountered regarding quality. Monitoring scrap levels and informing shift management.
- Highlighting and rectifying machine problems where possible or reporting faults through job requisitions for repair.
- Informing the Production Team Leader of any health or safety issues that may appear in the work area at once, Completing the necessary paperwork.
- Carrying out checks on presses for blowbacks at the start of your shift and removing where necessary.
- Time served apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship experience gained in a fast moving production environment.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 03/08/2020