Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
Three Shift Pattern (however, predominantly 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 22:00)
gap technical are proud to be representing this national manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitters to work at their facility based near Gateshead.
- You will be carrying out mechanical preventative maintenance duties across the site, attending breakdowns, carrying out overhauls on machinery, completing remedial correctives and improving the plants availability and reliability.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Early shift - 06.00 - 14:00 5 shifts (Monday - Friday), Back shift - 14:00 - 22:00 5 shifts (Monday - Friday), Night shift - 22.00 - 06.00 5 shifts (Sunday - Thursday). Main shifts will be 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 22:00.
- Some paid overtime will be necessary.
- To work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments)
- To efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues
- To coordinate and cooperate with production supervision on a day to day basis to ensure smooth running of plant and equipment
- To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production.
- To identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability).
- To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned.
- To be IT competent and be able to complete shift reports detailing all relevant information to ensure continuation and / or review of repair.
- To have some fabrication / welding skills
- You must hold mechanical qualification (i.e. City & Guilds / BTEC / NVQ Level 3).
- Preferably apprentice trained with two years' experience.
- Driving licence preferred and some local travel may be required.
- We will provide a strong health and safety culture and for motivated employees, ample personal development opportunities.
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/12/2019