Mechanical Services Design Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
Manchester or York
gap technical are proud to be representing a market leader in providing a complete turnkey package to high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio Technology, Food, Electronics and Nuclear industries.
Tender stage design and estimation
- Preparation of RFIs to ensure clients' requirements are achieved.
- Complying with all latest building regulations, statutory authority legislation.
- Understand the Environmental Engineering (UK) Ltd Quality System, implement and promote
- Correctly interpret drawings and documents for design purposes.
- Assess buildability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required.
- Prepare initial Feasibility Studies.
- Preparation of Performance and Detailed Specifications.
- To maintain a close working relationship with Commercial, Engineering and Operations teams, ensuring cohesion in any new business venture.
- Prepare line service drawings / sketches for pricing and client presentation.
- Estimate materials, plant and labour to provide a tender package.
- Liaising with clients to meet their design brief.
- Prepare energy reports and life cycle costs.
Post tender project design and co-ordination
- Prepare in with collaboration with the design the team a risk and opportunities register.
- To issue final construction stage packages with the relevant document issue sheet to clients.
- Attendance to coordination meetings at the client's site or the delegation of such duties to the project lead CAD technician.
- Report to design manager on production progress and deliverables on a weekly basis using drawing production schedules as a tool.
- Liaising will all disciplines to ensure works are accurately coordinated.
- Inspection of onsite installations.
- Based at our office in Manchester you will also have a responsibility for attendance at client design / project meetings and therefore providing feedback from these meetings etc. to all other staff, liaison and coordination with all other contractors and site-based project teams.
- To support the Operations team with the necessary drawings and technical information for them to progress site activities on time and to the required quality.
- To maintain a good knowledge of the industry, emerging markets and business opportunities to ensure effective promotion and local exposure for SPIE
- You will have an excellent knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice. You will be responsible for the quality and standard for your complete SPIE EE and MSS design from concept to handover stage.
- Your building services design duties will include but not be limited to the following: -
- HVAC and Psychrometric Relationships when applied to environmental control
- Public Health, WFI, RO, DI systems
- Steam and Condensate, LPHW, HPHW
- Chilled Water and the refrigeration cooling cycle
- Compressed Air
- Gas Services
- Engineering qualification to HNC level as a minimum.
- Conversant with a wide range of mechanical and electrical building service systems and equipment.
- Building Management Systems and associated principles.
- IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Hevacomp.
- You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach.
- Experience of working in a controlled manner with existing systems but able to suggest and implement efficiencies.
- Experience within Food & Beverage / Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Experience with instrumentation and EMS.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service.
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 16/03/2020