Mechanical Shift Engineer
£19.23 Per Hour
'Continental Days & Nights (2Days/2nights/4off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this Industry Leading manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near West Bromwich
- Adhere to all safety requirements and ensure safe-working conditions at all times.
- Ensure that Engineering Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is employed to ensure food safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Keep plant breakdown time to a minimum to support the Manufacturing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance during scheduled plant shutdowns, and undertake routine visual inspections during plant uptime to ensure PPM completion targets are achieved.
- Liaise with Manufacturing staff to assist with problems which could be resolved during production gaps or whilst the plant is running to ensure the plants run smoothly.
- Ensure after each job is completed and the Planned Maintenance system is updated with accurate and quality information.
- Be self-motivated and able to work through the shift with minimal supervision.
- Ensure the next shift is aware of any outstanding jobs/issues at shift handover.
- Participate and support colleagues during any training, playing a positive role in maintaining good relations with other departments
- Apply flexibility with regard to functional skills in the application of duties to maximise the efficiency of the team.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as requested by the Company.
- City & Guilds Level 3 time served apprenticeship or equivalent in Mechanical discipline with ongoing multi-skilling focus.
- FMCG/FOOD experience desirable
- Results Focused.
- Communication & Influencing.
- Planning & Organising
- Innovation & Improvement
- Personal Strength and Development
- PC Literate (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/05/2021