Mechanical Shift Technician
£46,000 (4on 4off Shifts)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Shift Technician to work at their facility based near Wrexham
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a strong technical background and the desire to work for a forward thinking business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including a 15% company pension scheme, health cover, subsidised canteen, tool vouchers amongst some other great benefits.
Leading global supplier of value-added, infinitely-recyclable packaging solutions for the world's leading brands. The consistent pursuit of market-leading innovation, quality and customer service, backed by investment in their people and processes, has underpinned their rapid growth over the past two decades.
You will work as part of a committed team dedicated to meeting and exceeding a wide range of targets that are designed to provide maximum plant efficiency, maintaining company objectives with regards to Health & Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Spoilage.
- To run and maintain all front-end equipment which includes the body-makers, trimmers, conveyors and presses.
- To run and maintain all back-end equipment which are Coaters, Decorators, LSM's, Belvac Neckers and Light Testers
- Carry out regular Quality checks
- Carry out regular size changes and neck diameter changes
- Participate in maintenance and overhauls as required
- Develop safe working practices for routine and non-routine tasks.
- Identify and rectify Process performance issues.
- Daily routine checks for Plant and Production equipment.
- Continuous monitoring of equipment condition.
- Carry out Routine Planned Overhauls.
- Carry out planned maintenance and ad-hoc maintenance such as on conversion days.
- Carry out mechanical improvements in the process.
- Support trials and new equipment installation and commissioning.
- Turning, Milling and Grinding work when required.
- ONC / HNC Qualification or equivalent
- Time Served Mechanical Apprenticeship.
- MS Office.
- Experience of working in a fast speed, high volume manufacturing environment.
- A flexible approach to work content in-line with day to day requirements.
- A willingness to extend your range of required skills is essential.
- Evidence of self-motivation, an ability to use your own initiative and to accept a level of responsibility.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/11/2019