£36,000 Per Annum + Overtime
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechatronics Engineer to work at their facility based near Ilminster
- Diagnose Mechanical and Electrical breakdown, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair. Ensuring that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team.
- Be a problem-solving leader, get to true breakdown root cause, implement corrective actions, implement control and mistake proof solutions to avoid repeat breakdown all together.
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production (whilst maintaining notes and relevant log sheets and TPM system).
- Follow preventative maintenance and liaise with Engineering Manager regarding spare parts requirements.
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Constantly finding ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of repairs through modern lean thinking and techniques.
- Shift basic maintenance and equipment upkeep to line operators. Help operators create and define individual equipment Autonomous Maintenance Plan.
- Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes.
- Exploration and investigation of new equipment and processes.
- Proactively identify improvements and apply change management.
- Assist IT department with application installs, software and hardware upgrades.
- Upkeep maintenance contracts / budgets and liaise with vendors for technical support.
- Experience of working within multi discipline teams and contractors
- Proven problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Working Experience and Qualifications matching expectations of role
- Health and safety qualification - Nebosh or equivalent (Desirable)
- BS7671 18TH Edition Wiring Regs EAL Qualification
- 4 year Apprenticeship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to create and work within automated maintenance schedule
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/01/2020