Shift - 14:00 - 22:00 working Monday - Friday
£13.75 Per Hour (Inclusive of Shift allowance)
O/T available after basic hours
Welwyn Garden City
Temp ongoing contract potential perm
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Metal Worker to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Responsible for ensuring specific polishing trimming operations are carried out
- Fully competent in grinding, drilling, punching and using band saws.
- Experience in using measuring equipment such as Vernier callipers/protractors & Micrometers.
- Familiar with the setting up & operating of fly presses.
- Able to work without direct supervision and to co-operate as part of a team.
- Have an eye for detail and a good level of concentration for the fine tolerances required.
- Able to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Ability to use tools safely and accurately and work in a safe manner with respect to others around you.
- Responsible for ensuring work carried out in accordance with company procedures and maintenance of good working practices, including housekeeping and maintenance.
- Undertake other tasks, including work within other sections, as requested by your line manager within limits of capability and training.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices - report deviation from H&S good practice immediately.
- Some basic self-inspection required
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Health & Safety Training.
- Knowledge of polishing lathes and various polishing equipment;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to polishing and spraying machines;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- First Aid
- Fire Marshal
- Experience in a Metal Polishing / Trimming working environment
- Proven knowledge of Inspection procedures & standards
- IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data
Please send your CV and call Abby at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 21/02/2020