Moulding Injection Technician
£30,000 - £32,000 per annum
4 on 4 off Days and Nights
gap technical are proud to be representing this National manufacturing business in their search for a Moulding Injection Technician to work at their facility based near Bradford
- Ensure optimization of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Maximising production efficiencies by performing Lean, Kaizen and 5S activities and ascertain machine capability using SPC.
- Working strictly to the Health & Safety Policy ensuring PPE is supplied and worn at all times.
- Set machine and processing equipment to specification.
- Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
- Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
- Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
- Perform regular quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, including 1st offs, last-offs and IPC.
- Ensure all validated processes are running within the defined scope of the process parameters.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the plastics department Supervisor/Manager.
- Plastics injection moulding experience essential.
- Apprenticeship served/formal training in plastics processing.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with IML robotic systems and 6 axis robots.
- Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
- Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
- Good mechanical aptitude numerate and literate skills.
- Team player - Willing to train other employees and learn additional skills where required.
- Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation
Please send your CV and call Abby at gap technical on 07702 870530
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 07702 870530
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 05/05/2022