Moulding Technician/Shift Leader
£28,000-£33,000 per annum (Dependant on experience)
2 shift rotation Monday to Thursday (Days and Nights)
Located in North Wales, our client is part of a global company employing over 28,000 staff worldwide. We are looking for an Injection Moulding Supervisor to lead a small team in our client's busy expanding moulding department. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the injection moulding process and will have a flexible 'can do' attitude with strong problem-solving skills and a background in process improvement and optimisation. You will have the ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels and will be motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way you work.
- Setting of Injection Moulding Machines ranging from 40 to 550 tonne.
- In-process control / quality assurance.
- Mould Tool changeovers.
- Process optimisation.
- Mould tool trials.
- Support the training and development of Operators.
- First line maintenance of moulding machines and ancillary equipment.
- Contribute towards 6S, CIT and six sigma projects.
- Quality checks to ensure parts meet customer requirements.
- To ensure all Health & Safety regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- Deal with any associated paperwork and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years-experience of plastic processing machinery, preferably in a Technical/Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of engineering polymers.
- Programming of CNC 3-axis and pick and place robots.
- Computer Literate with basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Injection moulding machine setting requirements essential along with machine change over.
- NVQ 3 in Polymer Processing or PTL Level 3 is desirable.
- Previous experience working shift systems.
- Educated to HNC level or above in an engineering discipline is desirable.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/08/2021