Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer
£28,000-£32,000 Plus Weekly Bonus
gap technical are proud to be representing this National manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Gateshead
- Your key tasks will be to safely carry out preventive and reactive maintenance and process improvement in order to minimise production machinery downtime
- To work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments…).
- To efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues
- To coordinate and cooperate with production supervision on a day to day basis to ensure smooth running of plant and equipment
- To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production.
- To identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability).
- To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned.
- To be flexible in attendance to complete activities.
- To follow instructions provided by site management / supervisors.
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- To be a proactive team member.
- Improving technical skills and knowledge at all times.
- To be IT competent and be able to complete shift reports detailing all relevant information to ensure continuation and / or review of repair.
- Some overtime working is expected
- To have some fabrication / welding skills
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- 3 - 5 years' engineering experience gained working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in PPM and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics systems on modern machinery and equipment.
- Electrical knowledge an advantage
- Using computer systems.
- Sound maintenance / engineering experience in a production environment, ideally a heavy engineering environment.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate in English as well as comprehend written instructions. Previous work experience in a factory environment would be beneficial. A driving licence is essential.
2 Shift patterns
- Early shift - 06.00 - 14:00 5 shifts (Monday - Friday)
- Back shift - 14:00 - 22:00 5 shifts (Monday - Friday)
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 07740824856
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 22/05/2020