Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
£37,500 - £42,000
2x Shift (Earlies/Lates)
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Ashton-in-Makerfield
- Responsible for the mechanical & electrical maintenance of all production equipment.
- Ensure that any mechanical or electrical problems are rectified as a priority.
- Participate in planned preventative maintenance.
- Fault finding and repair of all plant, machinery, and equipment.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Carry out checks and inspection of plant, machinery, and equipment.
- Liaising closely with production team.
- Involvement in capital expenditure and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensuring all equipment meets company and legal health & safety requirements.
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Site Head Engineer and the reasons with solutions.
- All works performed following a 'clean as you go' ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practise.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards.
- Identification of improvements that can be made to production lines or individual machinery or other operations.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested are appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the site, equipment, and processes.
- Will either be a time served fitter/engineer or have a City & Guilds certificate (or equivalent) in Mechanical Electrical Engineering including at least 17th Edition.
- Have experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery, hydraulics, electrics, and other pro-duction associated systems.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- Competent to attempt most aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering with little direction.
- Experienced with the various types of PLCs and able to competently interrogate, fault find and program with little di-rection.
- Experienced with control systems and finding potential faults.
- Able to read schematic drawings and diagnose faults quickly & accurately.
- Experienced with all aspects of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Competent using MIG, TIG and electric arc welding equipment.
- Experienced in continuous improvements techniques preferred.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 01/05/2022