Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
£43,000 (3 Shift)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Oldham
- To provide a comprehensive production service across a wide range of roles, operating plant and equipment within Maintenance, Quality and Information systems.
- Responsible for managing breakdown situations, Planned Preventative Maintenance activities, and engineering shutdown activities/overhaul work.
- Sharing and applying new skills as acquired including Manufacturing Excellence principle, Continuous Improvement, Total Productive Maintenance Techniques and Training.
- Develop and attain world class standards of performance / excellence.
- With support from Team Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, responding to non-conformances to get process back on track. Always applying learnings to prevent re-occurrence.
- Responsible for health, safety, environment and hygiene. Pro-actively responding to initiatives in these areas including meetings and inspections/tours. Utilise safe systems of working and risk assessment of plant and processes, constantly contributing to opportunities to improve work areas.
- Assist and identify the development of training needs, resources and budget allocation/spend on an individual and team basis.
- 3 years experience/competence in a food or beverages manufacturing environment.
- Craftsperson either indentured or with HNC/HND or NVQ3
- Process Operation experience in FMCG environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of teamwork principles/TQM/CI/TPM/RCM techniques.
- Indentured or NVQ 3 craftsman with either relevant mechanical or electrical skills or graduate engineer / manufacturing
- Core Skills - Electrical, Mechanical, Operational and Quality. Suitable candidate will have a minimum of 2 of these skills at expert level and one at basis level
- Detailed Practical Knowledge and understanding of some of the following:-
- Quality Analysis / Control
- Mechanical Crafts Skills
- Electrical Craft Skills
- Siemens PLC S5 and S7
- H&S Systems/PTW
- CI (TQM/TPM/RCM)
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills in production environment.
- High level of interpersonal effectiveness/ skills. Able to work proactively in a team - demonstrating leadership to resolve proactively as required.
Please send your CV to Jamielea at gap technical.
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/10/2020