Multi Skilled Operator
Welwyn Garden City
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Job Title to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City.
Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate proven track record working within a tool department / environment with experience in the repair of stainless steel form tools and resin type fixtures with the below skill set:
- Fully competent in the use of conventional milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders.
- Fully competent in the use of hand held drilling and grinding machines
- Fully competent in the use of bench mounted grinder typically used for sharpening drill bits, machine cutting tools etc.
- Experience in MIG & TIG welding ( preferable in stainless )
- Experience in using band saws, power saws & jig saws
- Experience in using measuring equipment such as Vernier callipers, micrometres & protractors.
- Familiar with the setting up & operating of pillar and radial drilling machines.
- Responsible for ensuring specific polishing operations are carried out
- Have an eye for detail and a good level of concentration for the fine tolerances required.
- Ability to use tools safely and accurately and work in a safe manner with respect to others around you.
- Responsible for ensuring work carried out in accordance with company procedures and maintenance of good working practices, including housekeeping and maintenance.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices - report deviation from H&S good practice immediately.
- Ability to drive a folk truck safely to retrieve and replace tools in racks when required.
- Ability to use overhead gantry crane to split tools etc.
- Proven track record in the use of conventional milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders to achieve dimensional requirements.
- Ability to Tig & Mig weld preferable in stainless
- Grinding and polishing using die and angle grinders with various polishing equipment to achieve the correct and matching surfaces of a male and female forming tools
- Using measurement equipment Vernier's, Micrometres, feeler gauges etc.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to welding, milling, lathes and spraying machines;
- Surface grinding
- Hand held grinders/polishers
- Pillar & radial arm drilling
- Using measuring equipment
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 08/08/2021