Alternative Continental shift (Average 42hrs pw)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Multi-skilled Engineer to work at their facility based near Rochdale
- Perform rectification of MHE breakdowns and the provision of technical support as requested
- Undertake preventative maintenance work, completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within agreed time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance and follow up actions via the departments CMMS system. Ensuring that the Team Leader or Engineering Managers are may aware of urgent requirements
- Demonstrate specialist equipment knowledge, coupled with individual flexibility, in order to facilitate PPM's and breakdown rectification.
- Work as part of the Engineering team in order to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained kit reliability to Operations
- Incumbent must be able to liaise directly from time to time with several different manufacturers outside of the UK.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and PLC fault diagnosis on several different system types.
- Work toward and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site SLA's and KPI's.
- Always offer engineering support to the relevant level, to meet both the performance criteria required and to maintain manufacturer's standards in order to facilitate full production schedules.
- Ensure all areas of Engineering (workshops, stores, etc.) are clear and tidy disposing of scrap items.
- Ensure all parts removed or utilised as part of reactive or planned jobs are clearly recorded and captured using systems and approach agreed within the department
- Ensuring hygiene standards are always adhered to
- Support all process control procedures in place and ensure all documentation is always updated and made available.
- Provide recommendations to modify instructions to ensure the equipment is reliable
- Offer and deliver continuous technical support, both to production and the engineering team, in order to provide accurate and positive solutions to day-to-day engineering issues.
- Assist in the advance planning of maintenance, modification and fault rectification work.
- Liaise directly with external contractors/suppliers who offer specialist support as required.
- Apprentice trained mechanical or electrical discipline with a recognised apprenticeship
- ONC/HNC or equivalent experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- PC literate - knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Fully experienced in both mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Working knowledge of PLC based control systems (Preferably Siemens)
- Physically fit and able to climb and work up to heights of c25 metres.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic technical manuals and drawings
- Knowledge of site, systems and practices gained 'on the job' through experience.
- BS:7671 Rev 2011 17th Edition wiring regulations is a must have certificate. - Preferable
- BS 2360 level 3 installation and construction of electrical services is the absolute minimum qualification. - Preferable
- Experience of working within an automated warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and to work under pressure
Please send your CV and call Holly at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/05/2021