New Product Engineer
£31k - £33,500k per annum
Monday to Friday - Days
Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a New Product Engineer on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the job is to design and develop new and modified components equipment to extend the company's product range and to meet changing and new requirements of customers, and to pre-empt/react to competitors' actions. Initially the role will be focused mainly on enquiries and costing exercises on new and existing product. You will be responsible for developing internal specification, manufacturing routing and validation of processes and or procedures to enable sample production, production process development needed for efficient new product manufacturing at the Wrexham site.
- The jobholder must be able to make a technical judgement on the suitability of an item for the specification and performance. From the project specification they must be able to design prepare drawings; supervise the manufacture and testing of prototypes, pre-production and production batches.
- Identify and develop affordable products to meet the customers' requirements.
- Full design and costing of solutions in line with customer expectations and enquiry specifications.
- Working within the NPE team, through feasibility, costing and launch.
- In consultation with the New Product Engineering Manager to be responsible for the manufacturing element of new product introduction within. This includes the initial feasibility stage, process definition, BOM support, and quotation including the testing of prototypes.
- Engineer improvements into the process on new parts by using advanced planning techniques, with a view to target a "right first time" introduction of product into manufacturing via the use of Feasibility studies etc.
- Support Production with appropriate training on new procedures and processes to ensure a smooth transition / handover.
- Work closely with Quality and Operations to ensure new processes and procedures are documented.
- Ensure that all new products can be manufactured in a safe and environmentally compliant manner and ensure that systems are in place to ensure continued compliance to relevant legislation, policies, and best practice.
- Committed to and champions a 6S method of working, ensuring a well organised, clean, and safe working environment.
- To perform any other duties necessary, as instructed by Senior management, to carry out the job function to the achievement of Company objectives.
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in an electronic engineering discipline, preferably with a physics, power electronics background.
- Minimum HND qualified with 5 years+ experience in a relevant manufacturing environment (component manufacturing).
- Good manufacturing and quality assurance know how. Experience of batch and process manufacturing and mechanical/electrical component manufacturing.
- Good numeracy and literacy skill and preferably a basic knowledge of business finance and accounting
- Experience in the use of CAD, preferably AutoCAD.
- Experience of MRP systems, preferably IFS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office
- Persistent, energetic and enthusiastic in approach to working and achieving objectives.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 27/09/2021