£25k per annum
9:45am-6pm (8-hour shifts)
Our client based in the Corwen area is currently looking to recruit a Packing Leader to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Shift Manager, as the Packing Leader you will supervise and manage the packing of our client's products.
- Ensure metal checks are carried out and recorded.
- Ensure the correct "DATE" is set-up on the products, the display cases, the case taping machine (Little David Printer), the Multipack Carton machine, etc.
- Ensure correct "Day Codes" are being used.
- Ensure that the correct date is written into the date code check sheet weekly.
- Setting up the Line correctly.
- Ensure flow-wrapped film is set correctly, adjust "Offset" and "Long Seam" overlap as required and also check the wrapper speed.
- Open underweight products and return to process team.
- Ensure sufficient products will be produced to complete fixed pallet quantities, calculate and communicate with process team.
- Ensure there are sufficient Display cases and Outer Corrugated cases for the shift's production, ensure correctly date coded and labelled.
- Remove completed pallets and replace with empty pallet.
- Top-up Glue machines.
- Change Sellotape reels on case taping machines.
- Ensure correct information has been recorded on the pallet slips before the pallet leaves the packing area
- Ensure "Downtime" is kept to a minimum.
- Always communicate with the process team.
- If there has been a machine breakdown and products have accumulated in baskets, communicate with Packing Manager regarding the organising of "split-breaks", etc.
- Provide cover for "Toilet Breaks".
- Check packing lines have been cleaned correctly at the end of the shift.
- Ensure process area is kept clean at all times - "Clean as you go".
- Ensure all engineering problems, breakdowns, etc. are reported to Engineering.
- Complete all production/quality paperwork and packing sheets as requested.
- Ensure that the hourly product count is correctly filled on the daily production sheet.
- Participate in and/or perform regular product quality reviews (organoleptic, packaging, etc.).
- Ensure health and safety is a priority.
- Seek out opportunities for improvements in productivity and efficiency - "More for less".
- Alignment with the company's core values.
- Good management and logistics skills.
- Good Communication skills.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/08/2021