Negotiable dependant on experience
Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
Our client based in the Sandycroft area are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. Working closely with the HR department, your primary focus will be administering a monthly payroll; alongside completing a variety of high-level administration tasks. Liaising with the payroll bureau you will be ensuring that payroll is seamlessly managed with any errors resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Using the time and attendance system to log and update employee records.
- Updating employee personal information records, issuing communication to check and update accordingly.
- Run and check payroll reports using the relevant software and maintain accurate practices, records and filing systems for audit purposes.
- Check working hours to ensure reports reflect correctly.
- Respond in an accurate, professional and timely manner to internal and external payroll queries, i.e. from employees, HR and Finance colleagues, HMRC etc.
- Accurately issuing P45's and P60's in a timely manner.
- Writing standard operating procedures for all payroll processes.
- Complete root cause analysis on errors and introduce processes to eliminate error.
- Issue timesheets on a weekly basis for temporary workers and support transitioning temporary workers to permanent status.
- Maintain a working knowledge of PAYE including all RTI requirements.
- Calculating sick pay, maternity pay and paternity pay.
- Understanding of company policies and procedures and administering correctly.
- Ad-hoc tasks to provide advanced administrative support to other areas.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and an awareness of handling sensitive data, GDPR training.
- Must have prior knowledge of working in payroll in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Strong Microsoft skills (specifically Excel).
- You must be thorough and pay high attention to detail across your work.
- Ability to professionally communicate both written and verbally.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Focused on delivering a high level of customer service to all stakeholders.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/10/2021