Very Competitive + Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Plant/Site Manager to work at their facility based near Hatfield
- Strategic responsibility for day to day running of the site and manufacturing output
- In conjunction with the UK Operations Director, you will be responsible for the structure and headcount for the site
- Budgetary responsibilities in relation to expenses, spending, permanent and temporary staff
- Responsible for creating and meeting Key Performance Indicators (throughput, running costs, H&S, other)
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing manufacturing strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency and optimising production levels.
- Providing clear leadership and vision, inspiring and motivating staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
- Directing all operational activities and drive key performance indicators across all manufacturing related areas including production, packaging, maintenance, engineering and quality to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated,
- Working with department heads across the plant to energise the site
- Catalyst for driving lean business strategy and continuous improvement across the business.
- Responsible for departmental skills matrix and succession plans
- Engineering or Operational qualification degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a heavy-duty metal manufacturing environment at a senior level
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating heavy manufacturing
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both immediate team members and other production teams;
Experience of manufacture of electro-mechanical product.
- Demonstrate Lean Manufacturing experience in a low volume environment.
- Strong understanding of Change Management.
- Knowledge of application of basic Employment Law.
- Experience Aircraft Industry
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 24/04/2021