£30,000 - £34,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Process Engineer to work at their facility based near Torquay.
- The role will also support NPI projects with key focus around delivering the new product designs to manufacturing.
- You will scope and design processes, implement production equipment, cost control and process risk assessments.
- You will provide engineering expertise to deliver projects and provide production support to ensure the safe and efficient operation of processes.
- To provide technical support and expertise of manufacturing processes in order to improve performance with regard to quality, output, productivity and cost.
- Constantly review and investigate industry technology improvements and suggest best practice manufacturing and processes where applicable.
- You will assist in establishing manufacturing standards, monitoring performance and analysing deviations across the manufacturing facility.
- Support the training of new and existing processes, raising training and process corrective actions with manufacturing when required.
- To assist with the development of and implementation of quality improvements, including the updating and maintenance of FMEA's, process flows, process control, scrap reduction.
- Have an understanding of NPI strategy and objectives, and the timelines for delivery of new products to the site.
- Have awareness of scorecard KPIs, understand how Process Engineering actions and strategy effects site performance.
- Knowledge of H&S to a level where issues can be highlighted and managed by the appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Continual Improvement strategy
- Minimum HNC / HND in Engineering with an Engineering Degree preferred.
- 5 Years Minimum Experience.
- Proven industry experience working as a Process Engineer in Electronics or Assembly manufacture.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing processes and quality tools + techniques i.e. VSM's / 6S / Work Place Organisation / PDCA / Visual Management
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma and Lean Principles in volume manufacturing preferred.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 27/02/2021