£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Procurement Assistant to work at their facility based near Solihull
- Executes on relevant Procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with the Procurement Teams
- The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the business, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team.
- Reports to Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead
- Supports all relevant Plant Procurement Operations functions
- Works in close conjunction and alignment with Business Unit Procurement Engineers
- Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
- Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
- Communicates Supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management
- Participates in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead, Business Unit Procurement Engineer and/or Country Lead if relevant for the Plant
- Previous work experience in procurement / purchasing environment
- Honours (4 year) College degree in Business Administration/Economics, Supply Chain or Engineering (Highly Desirable)
- Technical/Engineering/Manufacturing understanding preferred
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Results and Customer-oriented
Please send your CV and call Chalrotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 13/01/2021