If innovation and product development is what gets you up in the morning this could be an opportunity that's right for you! We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Product Engineer to join our clients team based in Wrexham. The successful candidate will join the team who has the responsibility for developing the new products and technology that will play an integral part in this technology transition. You will be part of developing new designs to meet the ever-changing market requirements and providing technical support for a broad customer base. This position works as part of the Product Development team, developing innovative new products. You will be responsible for the design, prototyping, testing and type approval of new products and materials.
- Undertaking product development projects to design, develop and expand our range of accessories in line with customer's needs.
- Liaising with customers, users and material suppliers.
- The management of test programmes in the components electrical laboratory and managing the product approvals process at third party test laboratories when required.
- The presentation of components products at both technical and commercial forums.
- Working closely with the manufacturing, planning, purchasing and commercial teams to deliver projects against the business priorities.
- As part of the approvals process there may be the requirement to support directly our customers during field trials and product training.
- Applicants will be educated to degree level or higher in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a similar discipline.
- Previous experience in a new product development environment will be advantageous but not essential.
- The successful applicant should be practical, self-motivated and able to show good initiative.
- Good communication at all levels, with both technical and non-technical people is essential.
- A high level of computer literacy including software packages ranging from Microsoft office to 3D CAD software is a prerequisite.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/10/2021