M&E Project Engineer
£35,000 + car + package
Manchester or York
gap technical are proud to be representing a market leader in providing a complete turnkey package to high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio Technology, Food, Electronics and Nuclear industries.
The role primarily involves delivering projects from cradle to grave within the Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Managing projects from inception to completion.
- Manage multiple projects if required.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Review, sign-off and implement project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement project EHS Management plans.
- Management and motivation of project teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
- Produce project programmes.
- Provide monthly project reports for the contract's manager.
- Review all H&S documentation in line with current SPIE procedures.
- Provide RAMS for specific projects.
- Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
- Review and monitor progress against the project programme.
- Provide information to the client, contractors, in house staff and end user.
- To be able to review all technical and contractual information.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure project performance.
- Consider cost, safety and time constraints on all projects.
- Produce procurement documentation.
- Assist in design and estimations as and when required.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
- Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
- Offer value engineering alternatives.
- Other duties as required by the Contracts/Project Manager.
- The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical services.
- A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector.
- Experience managing multiple site-based team/s.
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Commercial Aptitude.
- Experience within the food and pharmaceutical environment.
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/03/2020