£24,000 per annum
4:30am-4:30pm / Working 4 days out 5
Our client based in the Wrexham area is currently looking to recruit an individual to work within their Quality Assurance Department on a permanent basis. Working within this role you will deputise for the QA Supervisor in periods of absence and assist in covering all departments.
- To provide quality assurance support across the site.
- To assess the quality of raw materials.
- To complete all relevant paperwork for traceability purposes and to file all recorded. information as required by law.
- To take responsibility for quality issues by following up on discrepancy as result of checks carried out.
- To adhere to Company policies i.e., Food Safety, Health and Safety, Absence, etc.
- Conducting internal shelf-life testing.
- Temperature monitoring.
- Glass and hard plastic checks.
- Maintenance and calibration of QC equipment.
- Carry out hygiene swabs on equipment as determined by the schedule.
- Ensure that the correct PPE is worn by all staff at all times within the factory.
- Operate to a clean and tidy (as you go) policy.
- Investigate Customer Complaints, Customer rejections, GMP in and around the factory.
- To ensure that the factory is complying with HACCP procedures and specifications, assessing quality, reporting any discrepancies where necessary.
- To carry out critical control point (CCP) checks in accordance with your training, records of which must be retained on site.
- You have a shared responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the site HACCP plan and the requirements of BRC Global Standards.
- Reporting of any issues with the quality of the product to Line Supervisor and sending photos where necessary to the Quality Manager.
- To be assertive when advising and instructing Supervisors and Operatives.
- To perform specific audits on a daily basis such as fabrication and GMP and liaise with management at all levels when reporting results.
- To perform microbiological sampling, which involves collecting and collating samples.
- To assist with the assembly customer samples.
- Animal welfare involved in all aspects of WATOK to ensure site is complaint.
- Conducting internal audits as per schedule.
- Investigating and dealing with non-conforming product and rejections.
- Previous experience of working within Food / FMCG
- Attention to detail
- Confident in the completion and verification of QA paperwork (due diligence and traceability documentation)
- Good record keeping and analytical skills
- Numeracy and literacy to a good standard
- Quality focused
- Good oral and verbal communication skills and able to work on own initiative
- Good team player
- Flexible and able to work additional hours when required
- Have a can-do attitude; willing to learn other tasks as required
- Able to work in slaughterhouse environment
- Previous experience in a quality checking/control/assurance role would be beneficial but not essential
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/08/2021