gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Quality Engineer to work at their facility based near Wigan
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes, reduce variation in output and implement sustainable long-term corrective actions across three manufacturing divisions.
- monitor and support activities to improve quality of goods being produced, through regular auditing, assessment and training.
- Review specifications and statistical data to develop procedures to ensure internal processes and metrics are aligned to create the highest quality product.
- Analyse problems, determine root causes, and take effective corrective action.
- Analyse and interpret results (SPC) and work with manufacturing for process improvement.
- Drive Quality Management System objectives to achieve and maintain best practices in accordance with certified system standards, global company policies, and customer expectations.
- Investigate customer quality issues and provide feedback, and support or champion corrective action.
- Support efforts to reduce Cost of Quality, e.g. internal failure costs, external failure costs, prevention costs and appraisal costs.
- Review Supplier interactions and identify improvement opportunities to reduce defect rates and improve overall quality of materials and timing.
- Participate in and/or initiate cross functional teams, including the use of quality tools in the pursuit of problem solving and mistake proofing quality problems
- Contribute to the Management System Review and external audits - ISO and customer.
- Monitor KPIs and interact with Manufacturing and Engineering to improve negative trends.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with clauses of ISO9001 standard and how it fits within the company.
- Able to audit ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001.
- Familiar with quality improvement tools, including 8D, Kaizen, MSA and SPC and able to explain them to others.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 20/02/2022