Competitive + Benefits
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Paint line Quality Engineer to work at their facility based near Telford
- Requirement for a customer facing Quality engineer with a strong APQP background to act as the lead QE in assigned program introductions - as well as facilitate SQA activities and assist with internal quality related tasks.
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA's (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Lead quality audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews (customer concern effectiveness audits)
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customer base
- DipQ or HNC an advantage but not essential
- Proven experience in tier 1 or OEM automotive quality, preferably with at least two years at Quality engineer / senior quality engineer level.
- Experience of multiple OEM's beneficial
- Extensive audit experience, good working knowledge of IATF16949 and VDA standards.
- Previous experience of working within mould, assembly and aesthetic paint is essential for role.
- Extensive knowledge of core tools and GD&T principles is essential.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 26/05/2022