Quality Engineer - Supplier Focused
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Quality Engineer - Supplier Focused to work at their facility based near Birmingham
- Conduct Supplier Audits against planned schedule and for potential new Suppliers.
- Manage Supplier Performance data to identify underperforming Suppliers
- Conduct Supplier Improvement activities for underperforming Suppliers
- Team Member on internal NPI Teams, responsible for Supplier Selection, APQP & PPAP activities
- Maintain and administer Incoming Goods verification process.
- Administer Supplier Concern reporting system, to include raising, issuing, progressing and reviewing Supplier QNs, 8D reports, and COPQ recovery.
- Conduct QMS, Product & Process Audits both internally and at Suppliers' premises, as defined in schedules, or as required following non-conformity incidents.
- Assisting in the achievement of departmental objectives, providing support to overseas, Plant, and Customer Quality Engineers as required
- Knowledge of APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, and supplier development methodologies required
- To ensure all department procedures and SOP's are adhered to
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in the department
- To demonstrate adherence to the 5s working philosophy
- Any other duties that may be required to support the needs of the department or business.
- HND level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and measuring equipment
- Minimum 3 years automotive background
- IATF 16949 system knowledge
- Excellent containment, root cause analysis, and 8D problem solving competence
- Good working knowledge of AIAG Core Tools
- Full UK driving licence
- General design, tolerance and metal forming and assembly processes knowledge.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/02/2022