£11.00 - £16.30 Per Hour
gap technical are proud to be representing this large European manufacturing business in their search for a Laboratory Technician to work at their facility based near Chester
- Actively commit to and participate in our laboratory and corporate safety programs: including following all safety protocols and procedures. Learning to recognise and report hazards and take appropriate action to keep yourself and others safe. Raise observation reports and be involved in safety audits.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues, within the team, the plant teams and across all departmental areas the laboratory interacts with. Share information, participate in meetings etc.
- Perform routine analysis at all stages of the packaging process from intake/blending samples to consumer complaints utilising appropriate methods per SOPs. Operate and assist in maintaining the varied laboratory instruments and equipment, such as spectrophotometers, densitometers, HPLC, FTIR analysers, balances, pH meters, etc. Capture complete, accurate and thorough results. Play a key role in tanker, storage vessel, buffer vessel and package product approval process and final pack assessment.
- Perform production audits, compliance verification and or package quality assessments. Assist in identifying and resolving issues and/or taking appropriate action on sanitation issues, non-conforming product or material issues as directed. Timing is critical and must be managed to ensure responsibilities are performed at appropriate times. Capture clear, concise, accurate data and information. Seek input as appropriate.
- Participate in and support our Food Safety and Quality Management Programs as a part of your routine duties.
- Make quality and process improvement suggestions and follow through to implement as appropriate.
- Data management: Input and evaluate data, perform calculations to determine basic statistical parameters. Utilise technology; computers, and specific software for managing processes including AS400, Harford control, and Microsoft Office.
- Recognise common issues through understanding results and potential causes of these, collect data/information for common or less complex issues, seek direction on resolution.
- Help maintain a clean, safe laboratory facility. Follow good laboratory practices and lead by example. This will be based and built on through utilisation of the principles of 5S.
- Monitor, maintain, verify and troubleshoot routine common issues with laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- The role may include tasks which include standing for long durations, lifting, bending, carrying weights and climbing ladders
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Uphold and maintain the quality process designed to deliver risk free high quality product within the plant capabilities.
- Strong sense of integrity, positive attitude, tenacious, both self-starter and team player
- Possess a sense of urgency, take initiative and work with a high attention to detail
- Participate constructively and willingly within a team and adapt/develop and engage in new ways of working
- Reliable and punctual, ability to work effectively in a Shift Crew environment with a flexible approach
- Adherence to all safety and food safety regulations and operating procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures/protocols
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices, including sample and reagent preparation techniques, sample handling and good record keeping
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to prioritise while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Good problem solving skills and rational/logical thought
- FMCG QA Experience
- Possess the ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Experience of working in a food or similar environment. BRC/ISO/HACCP an advantage
- Experience of lean manufacturing approaches (5S, etc.)
- Science honours degree or A Level science (or equivalent)
Please send your CV and call Georgia at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 01/07/2020