Quality Manager / Head of Quality
£35,000 - £37,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Job Title to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Develop the Quality Management System, updating procedures and train team members where required, To continuously improve management systems to ensure the management systems meet the requirements of:-
- BS EN ISO 9001:2015
- BS OHSAS 5001:2018
- BS EN ISO 14001:2015
- To provide and maintain the quality assurance (QA) function for the business, controlling documentation and presenting appropriate information to the Company.
- Relevant preparation prior to BSI audits and liaising with Technical Sales regarding customer audit visits.
- Actively lead the reduction of Cost of Quality and in-house scrap and waste
- Collecting and collating all management systems data, Report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Co-ordinate auditing systems for standards in place and provide auditing checks on management systems and controls across all departments.
- Monitor supplier performance and identify opportunities for improvement (Supplier Rating System). Monitor supplier accreditation and approval, ensuring their qualifications and iso certifications are up to date.
- For both supplier and customer quality investigations, proficient use of all relevant tools in Epicor to collate all necessary investigation information and completion of any 8D reports.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring the RMA (Returns) process correctly followed once product returned, Dispositioning the return as advised by Technical. Processing the resulting DMR to generate the related stock transactions. Setting up any required credit note for Authorisation. Closing RMA.
- Conduct a daily Audits on Finished product to ensure customer requirements are being met
- Management of Customer Limits on Rheology including updating of Epicor and the Rheology software in the Lab.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Value stream mapping of all processes within the business, to identify non-value add process for automation, reduction or total removal.
- Coordinate with Technical and Production to ensure repeatable manufacture of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets in a timely fashion Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance, Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the quality strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of technology change and potential effects on supply.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities to Inspire and motivate the team
- Lead Auditor
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of: Management Systems; Auditing; Excel, Office, Visio; Epicor
- Previous experience within a quality and or auditing role.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.