£30,000 - £35,000
Monday - Friday / 8 hour days
Our client based in Deeside is seeking to appoint a Quality Manager. As the Quality Manager you will be responsible for ensuring compliance, development and adherence to the HACCP plan, ensuring the process is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements including food safety, legal compliance, customer standards and specifications.
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Systems, to ensure compliance with relevant UK Food Regulations for Foods, BRC Technical Standard and the Soil Association Organic Standard.
- Facilitate Third Party Certification, Local Authority and Customer audits, ensuring that all non-conformities raised are actioned and addressed within the required timescales.
- Develop and Manage the site Internal Audit Program, ensuring that all audits are undertaken and completed within the agreed timescales.
- Undertake Route Cause Analysis for relevant Non-conformities, to identify and implement appropriate Corrective Action.
- Responsible for leading the Site HACCP Team.
- Work with the Site Management Team to Identify and Implement Continual Improvement Measures.
- Investigate Customer Complaints, to identify corrective action, to prevent recurrence and provide customers with appropriate written reports.
- Liaise with Third Party service providers, including Pest Control Contractor, Work Ware supplier, Cleaning Chemical supplier and Laboratory Analytical Services (for routine testing of Micro, Nutritional and Allergens).
- Monitor relevant UK legislation and Certification Standards, ensuring that the Quality System is revised, to ensure continual compliance.
- Manage the QC Technician, ensuring that all routine testing, on-line checks and product release is completed within required timescales.
- Carry out routine Quality Briefings with Production Staff and undertake Inductions for New Starters.
- Develop, Maintain and Deliver a Training Program for the Site Quality Management System.
- Develop a Good Understanding of the Site Manufacturing Processes, including Key Equipment, Fails Safe Measures, Processing Conditions and Tolerances.
- Proven experience as a Quality Manager.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards, Food Legislation and Food Hygiene.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer focussed.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/01/2022