Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently seeking a Quality Technician to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. Reporting to the QHSE Manager, the Quality Technician role will be responsible for delivering support for both project quality assurance and production quality within our client's business.
Project QA Support
- Preparation of certificates for inclusion within the Manufacturing Record Books (MRB). This involves:
- Compiling all data available in production logbooks, test records and raw materials information - for customer record.
- Continuously monitoring of product traceability at all stages of the manufacturing process. Taking appropriate actions if it is compromised at any point in time.
- Working with suppliers to guarantee availability of suppliers' certificates of conformance/tests.
Production Non-Conformance handling:
- Notification to the relevant personnel within the Wrexham Team and customer project manager within a defined timeframe.
- Conduct adequate investigation and root cause analysis and drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Be the main point of contact to action any NC's raised and monitor trends.
- Weekly monitoring status of planned production and flagging of any minor & cosmetic NC's or any other issues. Update relevant report for submission to customers.
- Alignment with Operations regarding Product dispatch and Status.
Training, documents and records:
- Conduct relevant training with Operators, aimed at improving process performance.
- Implement new actions, tests, controls, etc, that may arise as a consequence of NC analysis, audit findings, etc.
- Monitor the currency of all documentation available to operators, assisting in the creation of new documents.
- Support the Wrexham team in preparation of any Process Validation audits.
Production QA Support
- Conduct Quick Process Audits on manufacturing lines according to Plant QPA schedule.
- Conduct IMS Audits with the QHSE Team as per Plant IMS audit schedule.
- Keeping track of NC's raised on the above 2 systems, co-ordinating CA close out.
- Support any customer or ISO 9001 / BASEC / LPCB management system certification audits from preparation stage to final execution.
Quality Improvement Activity
- Support Process Engineering with Continuous Improvement (CI) activity - both individually and working within Teams.
- Support Quality Meetings, Customer Claims, COPQ and CI.
- Production of monthly COPQ data.
- Generation of product quality plans.
- To generate and keep track of test sample submission and results in order to maintain relevant external body and customer certification.
Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT's):
- Coordinate resources in preparation for any customer-witnessed FATs.
- Accompany the customer during execution of FATs.
- Collect results and incorporate into certificates for final submission to customer as products are despatched.
- To maintain product equipment validation registers and calibrate equipment as required, using internal and external agencies.
- Take the lead on the installation and use of Q-Pulse as the tool to manage calibration throughout the Wrexham site.
Supplier Quality Assurance
- Involvement in identifying and auditing poorly performing suppliers in order to improve their delivered product quality, using Group tools.
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Involve the factory HSE responsible in any required improvement identified during audits or observations.
- Monitor the prompt execution of open actions addressing project HSE issues.
- Ensure all COSHH information including COSHH Risk Assessments and SDS's are up to date and changes are communicated as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree / HND preferred.
- Previous relevant QA experience and problem-solving in a manufacturing environment essential.
- Previous knowledge and experience of QHSE management system models i.e. ISO 9001 essential, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 beneficial.
- Internal Auditor Training (Integrated Management Systems) essential.
- Use of Quality Assurance tools, such as 8D, SPC, PFMEA, Control Plans and Gauge R&R in a production environment would be beneficial.
- Relevant previous experience in document administration.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Logical and structured approach to project management.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/07/2021