£30,300 Days + Unrivalled Benefits Package
gap technical are proud to be representing this market leading Chemical business in their search for a Refurbishment Technician to work at their facility based near Northwich
- Manual TIG welding of titanium, nickel and nickel alloy structures between 0.5 to 3mm thickness to return the structures to an 'as new' standard.
- Preparation of the anodes prior to welding (removal of damaged blades and other components) and the preparation of replacement parts.
- The development and establishment of welding techniques when a new product is introduced on to the plant.
- Testing of welds through the application of dye penetrant procedures.
- Awareness of safety procedures and the construction of simple fixtures for gas purging.
- Setting up and operation of the electrostatic spray bake coating lines.
- Operation of the hydride stripping plant.
- Operation of a variety of support processes such as grit blasting, etching, assembly of anode plates and various QC requirements.
- Working to the sites SHE policies and standards.
- The job holder will also require knowledge and conformance to safe working
- systems through COSHH HASAWA, permit to work and plant operating manuals.
- It is important to have an awareness of costs of raw materials and value of finished product. Attention to detail is important. Also required are IT/computer skills, literacy and knowledge of ISO 9000/2.
- The role does not require a coded qualification but evidence of qualification in appropriate welding procedures is desirable. Candidates who can demonstrate welding experience in the fabrication of new and repair of used equipment in the Chemical industry will be considered.
- Candidates will be required to carry out welding of test pieces, which will be passed to an independent assessor for testing before any offer of employment is made.
- An excellent package is available for the right candidates:-
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/12/2020