Regional Health and Safety Specialist
£28k per annum
Our client based in the Deeside have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Health and Safety Specialist to support the Corporate EHS Team and will report to the EU Risk & Environmental Compliance Manager. The position will have responsibility for the implementation and oversight of safety programs and procedures at all sites in the region across all divisions. The position will be responsible for providing technical support and direction to various sites located throughout the region.
- Support the implementation of safety related programs and procedures, including the Corporate multi-site ISO 45001 scheme.
- Develop, implement and maintain a risk reduction program for hazard identification and assessment in line with corporate procedures and objectives (e.g., LOTO, hazardous substances)
- Maintain, communicate and improve existing safety programs and procedures across all sites within the region.
- Develop and present at safety related training and educational programs.
- Create and deliver safety related reports and presentations.
- Support site EHS professionals.
- Analyse regional incident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of injury and ill health.
- Investigate causes of accidents and prepare reports to identify preventive safety measures to use as lessons learned globally.
- Conduct, monitor and follow up on site safety assessment surveys and audits.
- Work with corporate and site management to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to company expectations.
- Travel to other sites regularly.
- Strong understanding of European compliance obligations and requirements.
- Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good to very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite and other related software.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, EHS, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or a science related field.
- NEBOSH General Certificate minimum, diploma and Grad IOSH desirable.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing safety, training, safety auditing and project management.
- Hands on experience in hazard identification and assessment and control techniques.
- 3-5 years of occupational health and safety or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ISO management systems and auditing (ISO 45001). ISO 45001 Internal auditor certification is a plus.
- While this role is predominately safety focused, any Environmental management experience would be an advantage
- Valid clean driver's license and passport.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other facilities within the region (Rail/Air/Road travel will be required to the countries they operate in).
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 05/11/2021