gap Personnel are acting as an employment business on behalf of our prestigious client based in Wrexham. Our client has been operating for over 50 years and the future is looking extremely positive for them during these unprecedented times.
Due to a multimillion pound investment at their site they are looking to expand their team by recruiting several skilled operators on permanent basis to be part of an exciting new project.
- Responsible for operating and optimising the extruder to produce reprocessed product in order to achieve the production targets.
- Ensure the quality standards of the finished product are achieved by carrying out the required testing procedures at the correct periodic intervals.
- Responsible for blending regrind or compound material to the required quality standard.
- Assisting the maintenance department engineers.
The Reprocessing Operator is accountable for the following: -
- Responsible for routine daily safety/maintenance checks of the extruder and associated equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a continuous supply of feedstock to the extruder
- At shift changeover liaise with the previous and following Reprocessing Operator to pass on information.
- Monitoring quality throughout the shift and report to the Production Team Leader or the Shift Manager if any problems are encountered regarding quality.
- Highlighting machine problems or reporting faults through job requisitions for repair.
- Carry out the testing procedures as specified by the management.
- Inform the Production Team Leader or designated person if the stock of regrind is low.
- Accurately record all reprocessing production/test data on the information sheets requested by management.
- Inform Goods Inwards (in sufficient time) if the stock of filters, cutter blades, impact modifier or masterbatch appears to be low.
- Ensure production-monitoring system is utilised.
- Responsible for minor maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety associated with the area of work.
- Communicating effectively (both orally and in written form).
- Knowledge of recycled materials to be confident in decision making with regard to material blends.
- To have a good understanding of the material supply.
- Accurate recording of information.
- Have the ability to drive a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck.
- A minimum of 2 years experience preferably gained in a high-volume production environment.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Extrusion process knowledge.
- Knowledge of best practice procedures within the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of materials
Additional Role Requirements:
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Results driven.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Must have the ability to work shifts.
- Flexibility to work in other areas of the factory if required.
£10 per hour + 15% Shift Allowance
Hours of Work:
6am - 2pm, 2pm -10pm, 10pm -6am (Rotating weekly) Monday - Friday