Negotiable dependant on experience
Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
Our client based in Deeside is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As our client look to further enhance their market presence, they are recruiting a Senior Buyer who will join this thriving team. This role will be responsible for all direct and indirect procurement for the business. Your focus will be to ensure OTIF, maintain the highest of quality and ensure all contracts are cost-effective for the business. The right candidate for this role will be proactive and take the initiative to make improvements throughout the Procurement function.
- Developing all processes and procedures to ensure best Procurement practice.
- Negotiating, implementing and maintaining supplier agreements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews as necessary in order to maintain supplier performance levels for quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross functionally across the different department to ensure agreed company goals.
- Managing inventory levels and ensure accuracy without affecting production.
- Dealing with complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products.
- Working closely with suppliers to develop and maintain long lasting relationships.
- Implementing KPI's to accurately monitor supplier performance and ensure cost reductions.
- Escalating and addressing business risks without delay or hesitation.
- Full accountability for sourcing the right quality of products and services.
- This is a hands-on role requiring this Senior Buyer to be fully involved in both the day to day detail and the overall strategy for the team.
- Ability to deliver a procurement service which is cost effective, quality focussed, timely and reliable.
- Experience in developing high level sourcing strategies.
- Strong operational Procurement background.
- Experience in leading and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- High level of education, including CIPS.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/09/2021