Senior Design Engineer
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this National manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Design Engineer to work at their facility based near Exeter
- Mentoring Design Engineers.
- Deputising for Head of Engineering
- Work closely with the Commercial & Project teams to ensure new products/projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Directly look after key OEM accounts, offering on site Design support & technical advice.
- Work closely with Manufacturing & Production teams to ensure Products & Processes are designed for manufacture.
- Work to and assist in improving Design office procedures in line with IATF16949
- Work closely with our suppliers to ensure products are designed for manufacture & meet all technical & commercial requirements.
- Design of new & existing products, producing both 2D drawings/3D models for parts & assemblies.
- Design fixtures/tooling to aid in the manufacture of fluid transfer assemblies.
- Educated to HNC level or above in Design Engineering.
- Fully trained in Solidworks.
- Working knowledge of CATIA.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design role within a manufacturing company (ideally Automotive, Aerospace, or Marine).
- Knowledge of Fluid Transfer systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in a 1st tier Automotive supplier would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Able to work effectively in a team ensuring that the best outcome for the company is achieved.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once & deliver them on time.
- Jig/Fixture & SPM Design Knowledge.
- A working knowledge of IATF16949.
- Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrate a clear analytical approach and a methodical work process.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea Howard at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 23/11/2020