Senior Maintenance Engineer
'Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this exciting manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Engineer to work at their facility based near Peterborough
- Maintain all machinery and equipment on site to ensure efficient and effective running of the business.
- Maintain the fabric of the Factory and Offices to ensure that it is suitable for 'Food and Drink Manufacturing' in accordance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and British reputation through compliance certification plus all other retail requirements, Organic, Fairtrade and R.F.A. accreditation standards.
- Managing Engineering new projects on site also using the most cost-effective methods and with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment.
- Design new systems, equipment, and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones
- Work with other engineers, such as chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Examine, tender for, and install new equipment, making sure you get the highest quality at the best price
- Liaise with suppliers and customers
- Plan and organise maintenance of equipment
- Identify faults, investigate production problems, and repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- Improve current operations wherever possible
- Supervise shift engineers and sub-contractors and ensure effective communication to avoid errors
- Work with production supervisors in relation to factory start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time and profits
- Liaise with research and development staff to ensure the company is at the forefront of ground-breaking research.
- Experience with various sealers, also a good understanding of robotic automation, hydraulics.
- Excellent time management skills as in setting and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of NPD processes.
- Good understanding of specialist packaging materials.
- Engineering qualifications highly desirable.
- Must be able to organize.
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be able to drive through change where required.
- Must have good time and organizational management skills.
Please send your CV and call gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 03/12/2021