Senior Process Engineer
£40k per annum
Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. As the Senior Process Engineer you will have strong experience in the process industry with Project Management skills. You will be responsible for supporting the Directors in the conceptual design, detailed design construction and installation on various projects. Having excellent communication skills, you will be required to liaise with site personnel at all levels and subcontractors and manage and supervise contractors. The projects will be in various stages of progress from concept to construction and commissioning. You will have the ability to lead, drive and work within a small team and independently as necessary.
- A well-founded chemical technological assessment of new and existing products/processes.
- Providing process technical support for Operations, R&D team and maintenance services.
- Independently maintaining relevant knowledge in his field.
- Making improvement proposals for department to the manager.
- Advise Plant Manager on relevant process technology.
- Advise Plant Manager on process technical production problems.
- Advises HSE Manager on process-technical environmental/safety aspects.
- After allocating a project, acting as project leader and executing project management.
- Introducing chemical technological knowledge to support the implementation of existing and new processes/products.
- Troubleshooting for the Operations department.
- Aligning maintenance activities between production and maintenance services.
- Project management and budget monitoring and reporting.
- Completing thermodynamic calculations.
- Carrying out studies which may contribute to the reduction of the emission of harmful substances.
- Collecting, studying and communicating information on projects.
- Sizing equipment/installations for new construction/modification projects.
- To effectively project plan, review, cost control, change control, hand-over and acceptance procedures to meet the terms of the contract.
- Effectiveness of two-way communication of project progress, early warning of problems and demonstrable, preventative and remedial action at project review phase.
- You will prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- You will monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
- Involved in team and process review meetings, you will be a key figure in discussions where current and future process developments, best practices and improvements are agreed.
- 2 years plus working as a Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer or Process Technician in a manufacturing environment and have qualifications in A Level Chemistryas well as a degree in Chemical Engineering.
- The Position requires knowledge of chemical or industrial process design and engineering techniques.
- Able to work in a process technical production environment.
- Key to your role will be the ability to communicate, persuade and train people of all levels within the business.
- Ability to translate technical information into comprehensible language for colleagues involved.
- Pragmatic and hands-on.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/06/2021