Systems Developer (PHP)
£40,000 + Benefits
Kerry / Newtown, Wales
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Systems Developer to work at their facility based near Kerry.
- To manage all the software development and second/third-level support of systems based upon PHP ([n Store Ordering, Franchise, Franchise website)
- Leading projects, enhancements, and bug-fixes by the internal team and external vendors.
- To develop and configure software, databases and applications that service business processes and that complement and extend the functionality delivered by existing packages and solutions.
- Ensure that software is properly unit tested and work with Systems Support Analysts on System Integration Testing.
- Providing second-level and third-level technical support to Systems Support Analysts to resolve problems and bugs.
- Write and support software in a variety of languages and development environments.
- To work closely with business analysts and other technical specialists within the Company to ensure that the developed solutions meet the needs of the business.
- To produce necessary documentation such as specifications, test scripts, and training guides is produced and kept current.
- Strong understanding of retail processes and requirements.
- Software development in a relevant language, including software development environment, screens, back-end, reports, and integration/interfacing.
- Software development life cycle methodologies of waterfall and agile and their tools.
- A good understanding of database technology and SQL language - Microsoft and Oracle.
- Good coaching skills to develop and train junior developers and take responsibility for their work quality and output.
- Up-to-date with current technologies, technical developments, and software development tools and best practices.
- ITIL and IT service management.
- Experience of working with; Azure, Microsoft Server Administration, Database architecture, C1ystal Reports, Jira, Jenkins, Bamboo, Bit Bucket, Linux would be advantageous.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/03/2020