Senior Systems Engineer
£35.00-£65.00 Per Hour
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Systems Engineer to work at their facility based near Foston.
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Write systems test and development technical reports for own responsible areas
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Support engineering sign-off with robust test and validation data and technical reports
- Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
- Monitor and report status to relevant parties
- Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Supplier management:
- Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
- Manage suppliers via the APQP process
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
- Communicate lessons learned; propose design guide/process updates.
- Working level experience of 2d drawing and 3d modelling in Siemens/Unigraphics NX platform advantageous
- Working level experience of PLM tool (e.g. Siemens Teamcentre) advantageous
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
- Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 02/04/2021