gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Electrician to work at their facility based near Oldbury
- Perform a range of electrical activities 3 phase knowledge and methodical fault-finding abilities to support continuous production performance.
- Perform a range of electrical activities such as electrical installations, repairs and renovations, covering pumps, motors, electrical circuitry and instrumentation inclusive of PLC knowledge.
- Responsibility for wiring of high value equipment.
- Work to scheduled planned maintenance tasks and ensure they are completed on time.
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety of personnel or contractors is at risk or the damage to plant is a possibility.
- Work with the shift team to deliver performance and ensuring the maximisation of output
- Report any defects to the supervision and Planning Co-Ordinator with you as the Job holder having the ability and responsibility to stop production if you believe there is a Health and safety issue.
- Ensure all daily and periodic checks are completed in line with Planned Maintenance schedules.
- Work with the maintenance team and the planning co-ordinator to ensure essential spares are maintained by recording usage.
- To ensure effective handover of area between shifts and that all machine defects are captured and actioned.
- Participate in larger projects and new plant installations, by their attendance at weekends or during plant agreed downtime.
- Previous experience of working on heavy machinery and plant involving 3 phase and PLC knowledge.
- Able to read instruction manuals and circuitry diagrams including PLC's and interpret to correct issues and faults.
- Electrically competent and time served.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement and new plant installations.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/03/2021