£37k-£39k per annum
4 on 4 off / 2 days 2 nights
Our client based in the Wrexham area is currently looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to safely deliver Engineering (Multi Skilled) shift support to site utilising staff, contractors, communication, information, policies and procedures in order to maintain and continuously improve asset, department and site performance.
- Delivery of prioritised planned or unplanned activities whilst ensuring people, bird and food safety is maintained in a timely manner to support operational requirements and take appropriate action to resolve and/or escalate where necessary.
- Clearly understand internal and external customer requirements to facilitate effective deployment of yourself to meet those needs within the agreed timescales.
- Care for all site assets through the effective use and interaction with the computerised maintenance management system, stores and administration functions to deliver planned and unplanned maintenance in a timely manner.
- Take a leading role or play an active part as required to manage any situation where animal welfare, people safety, environmental impact, plant/assets, or business integrity may suffer detriment or be adversely affected.
- To use problem solving techniques to prevent, detect and eliminate faults, abnormalities and inefficiencies.
- Working in line with our culture of continuous improvement - report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Department supervisor including improvements & solutions.
- To liaise with all departments to ensure effective production of the products promoting teamwork.
- Complying with Company hygiene policies and procedures when undertaking operations while maintaining high standards of personal hygiene including the correct wearing of all PPE.
- Actively participate in department and cross functional operational meetings to monitor, improve and report performance against set KPI targets to ensure all aspects of engineering are effective with clear actions and focussed ownership to control and correct to root cause in a timely manner.
- UK recognised electrical or mechanical qualification - NVQ level 3/equivalent or Above.
- Be able to fault find in both electrical and mechanical machines/systems.
- Ability to understand Electrical and mechanical Engineering Drawings.
- Basic PLC I/O understanding.
- Conversion qualifications (to Elec/Mech).
- Good understanding of drives, motors, brakes, transmissions, closed loop feedback, transducers.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines e.g., production start-up.
- Experience in working in the food industry - especially slaughter/processing.
- Approved Health & Safety training certificate/qualification.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/10/2021