Shift Maintenance Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near Deeside
The shift pattern covers Days and Night but NO Weekends so perfect for an engineer looking for a work life balance
- Responsible for the completion of all planned and proactive maintenance activities ensuring targets are fulfilled.
- Attend breakdowns onsite ensuring an effective response to help minimise waste and downtime.
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections on utilities and service equipment ensuring they are kept to good operational standards.
- Participate in the implementation and commissioning of project activities (to include CI initiatives liaising with CI Manager) to help provide guidance, support, and help to ensure deadlines are met.
- Carry out duties deemed reasonable by the Engineering manager.
- Work proactively and reactively using multi skilled practices when required.
- Support and engage with Lean manufacturing practices and techniques.
- Assist with the installation and upgrade of plant and equipment on site.
- Proactively identify projects that will improve efficiency and cost save across site.
- Maintain tools and equipment so that they are in a safe working condition, as well as making sure that the workshop and plant rooms are always safe environments.
- Adhere to technical and food safety procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Work in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with the company's guidelines and policies.
- Ensure all health, safety and wellbeing standards are met and help to maintain legal standards and compliance.
- Work safely and within a permit to work system.
- Utilise current regulations as a benchmark when completing any work on site.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Legislation.
- Maintain engineering paperwork and logs.
- Liaise effectively with external contractors.
- Represent the Engineering Department in meetings and contribute to effective communication within the team.
- Operate with a "Can Do" attitude to ensure customer downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Multi-skilled with a time served apprenticeship or formal engineering qualification to Level 3 or higher.
- Possess a good knowledge and understanding of electrical principles and technology.
- Experience working in manufacturing, food industry is preferable.
- Weighing, bagging and packaging equipment experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to fault find on Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLC would be beneficial.
- Have a proactive approach to fault finding, a commitment attitude to continuous improvement, and personal development.
- Must have the knowledge, discipline and initiative to work alone.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues from all departments.
- Ability to understand technical engineering drawings and manuals.
- A logical and flexible approach to working.
- Possess excellent decision-making skills.
- Have a positive attitude towards learning and developing themselves and others in the team.
- Work well as part of a team and as an individual.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 27/08/2021