Shift Maintenance Engineer
4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights, 12 hours)
Our client based in the Aberdare area are currently seeking a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role supports and leads the shift-based maintenance team, driving and delivering to operational targets within budget and timescale. The role is responsible for identifying and driving improvement activities and will require a high level of technical expertise including PLC systems, AC/DC drives and the latest electrical technologies and automation techniques. The role works within a fast-paced production environment which operates 24/7 and utilises a diverse range of plant and machinery.
- Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards.
- Provide hands-on, practical support to a team of multiskilled technicians, who operate across a variety of shift patterns, completing both proactive and reactive Maintenance activities.
- Ensure site services, including HV switch gear, electrical distribution systems, process water and compressors are monitored and maintained.
- Support / manage project activity, including the technical specification, planning and delivery of projects such as new machine design, retrofitments and improvement activities.
- Support the achievement of all maintenance measures, including PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Breakdown and fault reduction activity, meantime between failure, meantime to repair, etc.
- Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy to improve performance and drive site sustainability using tools such as 5Why and FMEA to identify areas needing improvement.
- Support the identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
- Identify and implement innovative technical solutions to overcome maintenance problems.
- Ensure site standards, conditions and procedures are adhered to and upheld.
- Support the development of Maintenance Technicians in relation to electrical activities.
- As the successful candidate, you will preferably be educated to degree standard in an electrical engineering discipline however, candidates with a minimum of an HNC level qualification together with significant relevant experience will be considered.
- You will have gained "Hands On" maintenance experience through completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship.
- Good understanding of electrical control principles and hardware to provide technical support to technicians.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent process-based knowledge and project management skills.
- The resilience to deal with complex problems, in a pressured environment with the ability to implement solutions to ensure safe production continuity.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/07/2021