Electrical Test Engineer - Diesel Engines
£35,000 - £37,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this market leading global Automotive manufacturing business in their search for a Electrical Test Engineer to work at R&D Facility near Staffordshire.
- Electrically and mechanically test diesel driven generators, to meet the standards required by the product specifications using approved test procedures and methods.
- Fault finding using a methodical approach on Electrical, Mechanical and Software systems.
- Ability to read and understand Electrical and Mechanical drawings and Functional Design Specifications.
- Carry out and lead internal works tests and Factory Acceptance Tests with customers and or customer representatives.
- Work flexibly and with a sense of urgency to ensure Production and project milestones and deadlines are achieved.
- Work as a member of a team to support and assist other team members under the supervision of the Group Leader.
- Understand and adopt safe working practices associated with LIVE testing environments.
- Use appropriate software configuration packages for generator controllers, PLC's, ECUs and other discreet components.
- To work responsibly and in compliance with the company policies, procedures and terms of employment.
- Assist in the development of product design by both written and verbal communications with respective design departments.
- To compile bespoke reports for product development and circulation of information within the business and customers.
- Completion of Test records using MS packages and Production software packages
- To maintain the necessary level of understanding of current and new component parts, either by self-education or bespoke training methods.
- Maintaining a SAFE working environment at all times.
- Maintain product continuity and quality
- HNC or higher in electrical or electronic based engineering.
- Electrical testing of control and power systems with an electrical fault finding bias, electrical protection testing and use of load banks.
- Knowledge of Relay Logic/PLC / MODBUS / CANBUS programming
- Excellent I.T skills, good communicator, ability to use Microsoft Office Packages with advanced level in excel
- BS7671 18th Edition (C&G2382-15) Mandatory
- Advantageous to have 2391-50, 2391-52 new installation work covered by an Electrical Installation Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of LV electrical power systems.
- Electrical testing of control and power systems with an electrical fault-finding bias, electrical protection testing and use of load banks.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good attention to detail,
- Flexible approach to ensure achievement of deadlines including overtime/weekend working when required.
- Ability to fault-find problems using a safe methodical approach.
- Ability to work safely
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead Factory Acceptance Tests
- Able to work alone under their own initiative and work as part of a team
- Clean full driving license/ essential car user
- Working knowledge / experience with Engines
- Good knowledge ISO 8528
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.