gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Tool Maker to work at their facility based near Knowsley
- To manufacture, repair, modify and refurbish tooling to required specifications.
- Work from the tool room help desk and keep it up to date after every completed job.
- To work in partnership with the production supervisors and setter team leaders.
- To get all tools on site to a high standard and to improve right first-time parts.
- To maintain current press shop safety procedures and machine safe systems of work procedures and tool room risk assessments.
- To maintain all tool room consumables and keep track of important spares.
- To work well in a team and help out other members of your team
- To implement and maintain a tool service log on the tool room help desk.
- To keep log of tooling history throughout all tools on site and in sub-contractors.
- To assist with NPI projects.
- To ensure tools are restored to "like new" and make a part 'right first time'
- Good communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- To ensure all tools are cleaned and greased when leaving the shop.
- To assist with occasional troubleshooting support on and off tooling.
- To have input into the tool maintenance regime.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To have knowledge of varies presses and setting of each press.
- Ensure all tool room machinery is cleaned after being used.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a toolmaker and the appropriate mechanical / tooling qualifications
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 09/06/2021